Join the VJS and enjoy special member benefits!
Lou Williamson Jazz Award
Deadline: April 15, 2018
Number available: 1
The Lou Williamson Scholarship Fund and Victoria Jazz Society are pleased to announce the Lou Williamson Jazz Award. The purpose of this $2000 cash award is to encourage a talented high school student to continue their music studies in jazz.
The Lou Williamson Scholarship Fund was established in 2012 by Chris and Eve Millington in memory of percussionist Lou Williamson, a gifted performer, former McGill instructor and highly respected music administrator.
Rules and Criteria
- Applicant must be a senior secondary student from Greater Victoria (Sidney to Sooke) or the Gulf Islands, currently enrolled in a secondary school or other recognized instrumental jazz programme in the Greater Victoria and Gulf Islands area. Vocals are not eligible for this award.
- The completed application must be submitted no later than April 15, 2018
- The application may be submitted in person or by mail to the Victoria Jazz Society office at 977 Alston St, Victoria, BC V9A 3S5
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The successful applicant will be notified of the scholarship by June 1, 2018.
- The award will be presented during the 2018 TD Victoria International JazzFest (June 22 – July 1, 2018)